Since 2000, Tutor Doctor’s mission is to help students of all ages, abilities and aspirations to achieve their academic goals and dreams. We provide one-to-one, in-home tutoring, which supplements the schools’ curriculum and goals, to ensure the most effective and relevant support is provided. Tutor Doctor partners with teachers and parents to customize the student’s support for his/her individual needs.
Based on our unique process of Assess, Match, Tutor, and Support, Tutor Doctor helps students grow as a learner at each stage of development, from Kindergarten through college, including enrichment subjects. Our students have achieved great successes, award, and honors, including admissions into leading universities and advanced degree programs. Tutor Doctor stands ready to help your student achieve his or her individual goals, potential, and dreams.
Tutor Doctor Tutoring Capabilities
GOAL: Student takes ownership in his/her own learning
- Reinforce reading comprehension, writing, and math skills
- Instill critical thinking, planning, time management, organization and task persistence skills with our X-skillsTM program.
- Strengthen essential study skills and concepts in core academic subjects.
- Enrichment and development to supplement academic skills.
GOAL: Subject knowledge mastery and synthesis of foundation developed during Elementary and Middle School
- Mastery of core academics, including Honors and AP classes
- Continued refinement of executive functioning skills and goal setting
- Enable students in sports, music and other extracurriculars to achieve academic success within their limited study time
- Help students enhance strengths and new skills for college and career
GOAL: Student will showcase academic and extra-curricular achievement for admission to the college of their dreams
- Highly effective and time efficient ACT SUCCESS and SAT SUCCESS preparation programs for excellent strategies and score improvement
- Excellent for time-pressed athletes and students in performing arts
- Customized ACT/SAT group classes for teams and clubs
- College application essay assistance and personalization
- College admissions and career planning to help parents and students navigate the complex process