ACT Preparation Tutoring
97% of our ACT/SAT prep students increase their scores!
Tutor Doctor San Diego County provides EXCELLENT 1-to-1 & classroom-based ACT Preparation programs! Our students have achieved significant score increases.
We provide ACT Preparation in San Diego, La Jolla, Carmel Valley, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Carlsbad, San Marcos, 4S Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, Scripps Ranch, and surrounding areas.
One of the primary milestones for high school juniors is the ACT/SAT test. Next to a student’s grade point average, the ACT/SAT is the single most important factor determining college admission. Contact Tutor Doctor for ACT preparation tutoring and get admitted into the college of your dreams.
Our ACT/SAT test prep program breaks material down into manageable pieces. We share proven tips, tricks, and strategies, and provide numerous opportunities to work with the type of questions and materials students will see on ACT day. Our instructors encourage students, reinforce strategies, and create a better understanding of how to be successful on the ACT.
ACT Preparation Tutoring Program includes:
- Initial Diagnostic Assessment
- Customized Learning Plan
- Skills and Strategy to Score Higher
- Current ACT Prep Materials
- Worksheets and Practice Tests
- Proctored Practice Tests
- One-on-one Instruction
ACT Prep Tutoring – A Smarter Way to Study
- Our system analyzes your student’s initial full-length SAT test and tells us exactly which concepts to review in order to maximize your student’s score.
Online Support for Students
- Our blended-learning system delivers instant online support. Every problem on every lesson and quiz has its own detailed video solution. That’s more than 67 hours of video solutions!
More Efficient Tutoring Sessions
- Because assignments are graded and analyzed prior to the start of each tutoring session, we never waste time grading homework during a session. The result is a 20% improvement in tutoring efficiency!
Custom Online Quizzes
- Our tutors create online quizzes that are 100% custom tailored to the needs of your student. Every question on on every quiz has been selected from our database of more than 2500 questions.
Real Results on Real Tests
- While other companies inflate their results by using tests they wrote, we don’t play any of those games. Our system delivers industry-leading score improvements on real College Board SAT tests.
Progress Reports – in Your Inbox
- We offer a number of email alerts to help you keep track of your student’s progress. Sign up for weekly progress reports and we’ll keep you in the loop, so you’ll know exactly how your student is doing in the course.
ACT CLEAR ADVANTAGE Program
- 12 two-hour, one-on-one sessions with an experienced test preparation tutor at home or your preferred location
- Comprehensive workbook with detailed strategies & homework solutions
- 2-3 proctored practice tests (midway & final to gauge progress during the program)
- Scored reports from practice tests with recommendations (by skill & sub-skill) for continued improvement
- Continuous communication with parents regarding student’s progress & alert e-mails if assignments are overdue or of low score
- 1-year access to online supplemental curriculum & 3000+ short (20-90 seconds) videos outlining solutions & strategies for ALL workbook questions
- Powerful ACT workbook to address all 4 exam sections & essay
Click here for ACT exam dates
Click here to sign up for your free ACT tutoring consultation
ACT vs. SAT
Surprising Facts About The ACT:
- ALL Universities accept the ACT
- The ACT is considered the better measurement tool to gauge college readiness. It is an achievement test, measuring what a student has learned in school whereas the SAT is more of an aptitude test, testing reasoning and verbal abilities. Additionally, the ACT also tests reasoning abilities via the Science Reasoning section.
- You do NOT need a knowledge of Science in order to do well on the science portion—this section tests your reasoning skills, and is more like the SAT.
- In most cases, it is easier and quicker to raise ACT scores because the test is basically a review of what students have been learning for 11 years in school.
- The most important factors in college admission: GPA 45%, ACT exam 45%, Other 10% (volunteering, school activities, sports, etc…).
- ACT score determines how much scholarship money will be awarded.
Not sure which test is right for you?
Tutor Doctor provides FREE ACT vs SAT diagnostic exams to determine which test would best be appropriate for your student’s success. Getting into college is competitive, therefore, we will make sure your student is taking the test that best maximizes their potential to do well, score high, and get admitted into the college of their dreams.
Test Prep Testimonial of the week
“The tutor matched with our daughter is perfect! She has been patient and was matched perfectly to her personality to meet her needs. They have become great friends! The service is so personalized in our home and provides such a secure and safe environment to learn. It has turned her grade completely around and taken her confidence to new heights in a very tough subject! Thank you so much to our tutor Emily for putting a smile back on her face!” – By Terrie B.